AG Clinicis is a top rated medical centre dedicated to medical excellence in the field of Cosmetic Surgery with international accreditations and facilities.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure aimed at removal of fat from your body. It involves sucking out small areas of fat that are hard to lose through exercise and a healthy diet. It is carried out on areas of the body where deposits of fat tend to collect, such as the buttocks, hips, thighs and tummy. In recent years, improved techniques have made liposuction safer, easier, and less painful.
Liposuction is a globally accepted medical practice. With the use of a tube and a vacuum device for suction, this is performed on the exercise resistant fat deposits in your body. The aim is to alter body shape, and the results are generally long-lasting, providing you maintain a healthy weight. It works best in people who are a normal weight and in areas where the skin is tight. Liposuction is meant to take out fat from strategic areas within your body, thus resulting in a more sculpted area. Thus liposuction can take out stubborn fat from your belly and give you a more flat look. However, it should be remembered that this is just for sculpting and contouring and not a means to achieve weight loss.
Uses of Liposuction Surgery:
Liposuction is mainly used to improve appearance, rather than providing any physical health benefits. Most people would probably achieve the same or better results by adopting a healthful lifestyle, with a balanced diet, regular exercise, and a healthy sleep schedule.
Liposuction is normally advised only if lifestyle changes have not achieved the desired results. It can treat areas of fat that are resistant to exercise and diet.
When an individual gains weight, each fat cell increases in size and volume. Liposuction reduces the number of fat cells in isolated areas.
People should discuss the pros and cons of liposuction with their doctor before deciding on whether to proceed. Liposuction should only be carried out after careful consideration.
Advantages of Liposuction Surgery:
1. Improved health, usually associated with fat loss.
2. Safe removal of fat.
3. Boost in self-esteem.
4. Reduction of cellulite or improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
5. Changes the way you look, and the way others perceive you.
6. Sculpting areas of body that even exercise and diet don’t seem to impact.
1. Bruising: can be painful in the short term, and should fade after a few weeks.
2.Swelling: usually negligible, should subside gradually over a month.
3. Scars: will vary in size depending on the particular procedure, and should fade over the weeks. Scarring is an individual thing, partly dependent on heredity.
4. Pain: should be temporary and controlled by either over-the-counter medication or by a prescription.
5. Numbness: sometimes persists for a few weeks.